Thursday, December 22, 2011

A World of Books

My oldest daughter has always taken books to bed with her. Even before she could read, she would look at the pictures and make up her own story. So while reading in bed is nothing new, one thing has changed. Before she was reading picture books that we had also read together. Now she is bringing home chapter books from school and reading them to herself.

Which means she is now entering whole new worlds all by herself.

When I read I get completely lost in (good) books. When I get into a good book my husband says he may as well just say good bye to me for a few days because he knows it will be getting any extra time I have.

I love that she's getting to expirience that, curled up in her bed with the lamp on learning about the woes of Junie B. Jones. There are so many books I look forward to passing on to her. There will definitely be books under our tree on Sunday!

Merry Christmas everyone, and happy reading. :)

2 comments:

  1. How exciting that she's on to chapter books now! There are so many new ones to add to your (joint) collections.

    If y'all want to search for some new soon-to-be favorites, visit www.abookandahug.com which recommends great books for babies, kids, tweens, and teens. Use keywords, age, 'reading hero' type - Barb Langridge is assembling a wonderful resource there.

    (found you through MotherReader Comment Challenge) - and keep on plugging with your YA writing, too!

    **Katy Manck
    Recommending YA books beyond the bestsellers at http://BooksYALove.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter @BooksYALove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm pretty proud of her. :) And thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete