Thursday, April 17, 2014

Into the Swing

Hello everyone! I've been missing my blogging, and my writing, lately. It's a busy time of year for me. (One of the reasons I never do A to Z.) We took two kids to State speech last weekend, both seniors, and that was pretty awesome. One of them is a girl who's been on my team since seventh grade and always put in so much work. I was crazy proud of her. :)
 
Now I'll start holding practices for spring play. No rest for the weary. :)
But that's fun, too, so it's okay.
 
But, it does mean I've gotten very little writing lately and am likely to not get back into the swing of it for another month. I miss it, and characters are having conversations in my head that I worry I'll forget by the time I get in front of my screen again.
 
Do you guys ever have times when you get little writing done?
Or are you strict with the "write every day" rule?



this is how you do it...............Bits And Pieces Of My Life In Pictures... www.morseandnobel.com
 
Good advice! :)


I hope you all have a great weekend and a great holiday!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel
    I found you featured on Alex's blog.
    I can't find the time to write at the moment and it's very frustrating. I know what you mean about trying to keep the characters in your mind until it's possible to punch the keys into Word.
    I like the quote - brilliant, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how people are managing A-Z sometimes--I'd die this time of year if I was blogging that much! I hope you get back to your screen sometime soon (and me too!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually try to sub just before April and leave this month open for little to no writing. With 4 kids, I don't think I'd do this crazy challenge either. Spring break, Easter, beautiful weather. All of that conspires to make April a very full month without the A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually write something every day, but it's not always on a novel lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely agree with Mr. Gaiman's statement. Things are heating up here, and the writing thing only happens when I stake a claim to my time and defend it with a chair and whip (suggesting that I maybe use lion training techniques on my family...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, like that quote! I shall have to steal it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, like right now during the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! I have to go into modes where I'm in "first draft mode" and write religiously on the same project every day. Then I go into "editing mode" and that's all I do for a month or three. And occasionally I go into "promotion mode" where the only writing I get done is for promotion. I'm stuck somewhere between editing mode and first draft mode for a new project.

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. It IS that easy and that hard. The "write everyday" module doesn't work for me. I do need to designate sacred writing time, but not every day. So you enjoy those spring play practices guilt free!

    Congrats to the kids who made state! That is HUGE. They must have a very good coach. ;)

    P.S. You and I are going to be Swoon sisters---just signed a contract with them for my next book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It may sound harsh, but to me people who say "you can always find time each day!" have the luxury of being able to find time each day. Some people really are just too busy with life and can't get to it for days, or even weeks, at a time. I've certainly had to put writing on the back burner here and there

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neil is right. Sometimes you just can't squeeze out a word. Congrats coach. Go team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel, it was very nice to be featured with you on Alex's blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember when I did speech with my son years ago. Competition season is oh so busy. It is exciting to see what these kids can do. I can understand why you are proud of her. Happy Easter. Maria from Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't write every day. And I'd never be able to. I just write when I can. Right now I'm now doing any writing though cause I need to catch up on editing.

    ReplyDelete