Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Insecurities

It's time for The Insecure Writer's Support Group. If anyone reading this doesn't know what that is, it's a wonderful group started by the marvelous Alex J. Cavanaugh. We post on the first Wednesday of the month, then hop around and support each other. If you are not already a member, I highly recommend you go here and join.

My writing is in pretty much the same spot as it was last month. I am working on editing the YA and writing the MG. So, today I've decided not to post about an insecurity.

Trust me, I have them. I have a lot, and they are crawling all over pretty much every aspect of my life, not just my writing. But I've been in a pretty good mood lately and I don't want to focus on the negative.

I want to get published some day. I want it like crazy, and I will continue to work hard at getting there.  But if it never happens for me, that's okay, too. My life is pretty darn good, even if I don't have my own book on my bookshelf.

I enjoy writing and I will probably keep doing it forever, even if I am the only one to read it. Well, me and my family, who is stuck reading it whether they like it or not. :)

So that's it for today. Don't forget that WiP: The Movie is this Friday. Go sign up, it's going to be fun! :)

15 comments:

  1. Isn't happiness great? I feel happy just reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy is good, and your post made me smile! Hope this good feeling stays with you for a very long time!

    (YAY, it's nearly blogfest time!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to focus on the positive! It's a challenge in itself sometimes, but so very important :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're in a good space. What is WIP the movie? Is it a movie?? I feel so out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can click on the link above to go sign up. :) On the ninth we're 'casting' our WIPs and posting a song from the soundtrack. :)

      Delete
  5. That's it! Focus on writing. I should follow your advice:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Focusing on the positive is more than welcome as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you don't have writing insecurities and things are going well - hope that continues for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aloha Rachel,

    Thanks for the kind comments and you have a new follower (I'm glad I'm not alone!!!)

    Will definitely check out that post you mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I think you'll relate. She compares raising kids to climbing Mt. Everest. :)

      Delete
  9. You're right - some days the best thing is to focus on the positive, otherwise the insecuries can be overwhelming. I've been feeling the same way Can't wait for Fri!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't families great that way? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy for your happy days. I always start to feel optimistic in the spring.

    ReplyDelete