Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Book Birthday to Annalisa!


For no reason whatsoever, Annalisa thought it would be fun to answer some of the questions that Jackie magazine asked the stars of the day (this example is from 1984 – and the victim was Johnny Marr from The Smiths). She will be answering one question on each of the random blogs taking part!

Question: If you were going to have something named after you, what would you suggest?

Annalisa's answer: A chocolate bar!

And my answer:

Oh! That's a good answer!
I'll say a cereal, one with marshmallows.

Congratulations on the release, Annalisa! I can't wait to read it!


Our Beautiful Child is available right now!  

“The Boathouse collects misfits. Strange solitary creatures that yearn for contact with the outside world, but not too much. They sit, glass in hand, either staring at the table in front of them, or at some distant point on the horizon.” 

… so says the narrator of Our Beautiful Child. And he’s been around long enough to know.

People end up in this town almost by accident. Ella is running away from her nightmares, Sally is running away from the memories of previous boyfriends and Rona is running away from university. Each of them seek sanctuary in the 18th century pub, The Boathouse; but in fact, that’s where their troubles begin.

Ella finds love, a moment too late; Rona discovers a beautiful ability which needs refining before she gets hurt; and Sally meets the captivating Murray, who threatens to ruin everything.

Three women. Three stories. One pub.




22 comments:

  1. I've never understood marshmallow in cereal - doesn't the milk make them soggy?

    Thanks so much for being a part of my book launch... which isn't quite available yet, a slight Amazon delay :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie is right, they're not normal marshmallows. They're good, though. :)
      Sorry about the Amazon delay. I'm sure it'll be up soon!

      Delete
  2. Love marshmallows in cereal. In answer to Annalisa's question, I think they're specially formulated to not get soggy. Lucky Charms marshmallows don't taste quite the same as the ones you get in a bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Exactly. They're special marshmallows, and they're good. :)

      Delete
    2. Ah, thank you. I think I just ignore anything that's not chocolate. Chocolate on cereal is yummy :-)

      Delete
  3. A chocolate bar - funny! I like the cereal idea. Ninja Captain Choco-Bites.
    Congratulations, Annalisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally buy Ninja Captain Choco-Bites! Love it. :)

      Delete
    2. That sounds awesome, Alex. I think Ninja Captain could be a whole range of foods.

      Delete
  4. I'd like to have a chocolate bar named after me too, because then maybe I could get some free chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love the quizzes in Jackie. I think I should have a cocktail named after me. There's already a Tom Collins and a John Collins. Why not a Patsy too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cocktail is a really classy idea - I like it, it suits you :-)

      Delete
  6. I love Lucky Charms. The marshmallows remind me of the freeze-dried ice cream from NASA, the kind the astronauts eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd prefer real ice-cream - not so good on cereal though :-)

      Delete
  7. It took me YEARS to figure out people weren't teasing my accent - or trying to pick me up - when strangers kept saying "Don't mess with me Lucky Charms" in a *bad* Irish accent :)

    Congrats again, Annalisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun answers, and congrats to Annalisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers & congrats on the book release! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOH! I'd take a chocolate bar or a cereal! But mine would have to be a chocolate cereal! :) Love it! And congrats on the new book Annalisa!

    ReplyDelete