Thursday, June 4, 2015

I Missed IWSG.

Just realized that I missed IWSG. But I have a good excuse.

I spent Tuesday night in the hospital with my five year old and didn't get home until Wednesday night. She was having trouble walking and had to have a cat scan and MRI, but the good news is that those both looked fine and she is doing much better now!

So we're keeping a close eye on her, but everything looks good so far.

We've been packing to move and that's taken up most of my time lately. I did work on revisions for my last project and am now waiting to get notes back from beta readers right now. So I basically have done nothing writerly in a couple weeks. I'm beta reading for one of my cps, does that count? (It's very good, too.)

At the new house (assuming we every actually get there, the move keeps getting pushed back) I will have my own little office for the first time ever. I'm very excited about it. I plan to fill it with things that inspire creativity. :) Of course I might find that without the chaos of my family around me I can't write. Lol. I guess we'll see.

Anyway, it's been an interesting start to the summer if nothing else. How are things going for you? Have you had plenty of sunshine and good days? I hope so. :)


9 comments:

  1. I'm glad she's all right! No worries about missing the IWSG. Your family is more important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your kiddo is alright! That must've been scary :(
    I'm not sure if I'd be able to write in an office. I have a desk in our room, but I rarely use it, opting instead for the couch. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good reason for missing it. I imagine concerns about your daughter rather obliterated your writing worries anyway. Hope she continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so glad your daughter is okay. I can't imagine how scary that must've been. Hope everything continues to go well for her!

    That's so exciting about getting your own office, though. Best of luck writing there once you've settled into the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading that post all I will say is that my life is perfect. Hugs and kisses Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes! that's so scary when the kids have to go to the hospital.
    And moving is such a time of upheaval, I never get any writing done during those times, and I'm almost in one now! we bought a house and we are remodeling it before we move in (I not so secretly love tearing down walls).

    I hope your kiddo feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no how scary Rach! So glad to hear she's alright. Best of luck with the move, I know how stressful moving can be. Did you have to leave your beautiful little playhouse that your hubs built behind? Take care of yourself and those little kiddos. Looking forward to hearing how all works out with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I absolutely hated when any of the kids got something worrying, or just any kind of sick. I'm glad everything's going in the right direction. Good luck with the move too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your daughter's okay. Kids get the weirdest things, don't they? And then they bounce back while we're still in the middle of worrying about them!

    Your office ideas sound fantastic. You'll need to post pictures when you move in :-)

    ReplyDelete